Saturday, April 14, 2018

Family visit/Spring Rains...38º

Family (Kim and Diane) arrived Wednesday afternoon, after spending two nights at the Imnaha Motel and the days exploring the Zumwalt Prairie...Diane said, "We are on an adventure."...We spent the evening visiting and eating, then the guys turned in early and D & I stayed up laughing and talking until 10:30, catching up on family news.

Pam and I had an enjoyable Thursday evening at the annual Spring Concert, by the Wallowa Valley Choral...The songs were lively and upbeat, the crowd just right for visiting afterwards and I talked with several people that I haven't seen in some time...As the evening was stormy, P picked me up and delivered me home, so I didn't have to drive after dark.

Yesterday I did my regular stint at the Food Alliance and will continue that through next week, until the regular volunteer returns from Hawaii...Last night P and I watched 2 parts of a 6 part series "Wild Wild Country" on netflix...A documentary from the early 80's when the rajneeshpuram (from India) bought the "Big Muddy" ranch near Antelope, OR to set up a utopia (commune) in the US...Just click on the link,"documentary" or google Rajneeshpuram to get the story...It was a tumultous time in Oregon's history...I seem to feel a little better each day, have a follow up appointment today, so will see what the doctor has to say....Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Buds last night

Blooms today

Garlic Patch

1 comment:

  1. The garlic is looking great. Hope your appointment goes well. Is a Saturday normal for Dr visit?

    ReplyDelete