Sunday, April 15, 2018

Gentle Rain...48º

The sounds of spring, gentle rain and bird songs, wake me from a sound sleep...Looking out now, it is gray and hazy, sort of dreary...I have to work at being upbeat...Another look tells me the grass has greened up overnight, daffodils are coming into full bloom and with the temperature at 48º, it shouldn't snow today, this morning anyway!

My mind goes to a perfect dinner for today...Leftover ham bone in the fridge, tiny white beans in the pantry, add onion, celery and water, cook in a 200º oven for many hours...Serve alongside a thick slice of homemade bread and a green salad...Simple, satisfying food...Looking through photos from last year, below is a photo of our front yard 2017, much like it looks today.

April 2017

My follow up doctors appointment went well yesterday, lungs and heart both sound good, no negative effects from the blood thinner (so far)...Now we wait up to six months and check again to see if all the clots have dissolved in my lungs and then test my blood to see if it has clotting tendencies or if for some unknown reason, it went into overdrive making blood clots and landed me in the ER.

Pam and I watched two more episodes of the Wild Wild Country yesterday afternoon, leaving two more for today...I was still watching TV back in the 80's when all of this happened, so I remember it but it was 300 miles away and kind of surreal...The enormity of this is brought out in the documentary, but they are leaving many things up in the air, unfinished...I assume and hope they will fill in the gaps, answers the questions and wrap it all up in the final episode...Interesting watching to say the least...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment