Monday, January 30, 2012

BS Essay...35º

I have my Beauty School essay almost finished to a point, for Katey's critique...Then she can give me advise on where I should work harder, develop into a full scene or cut...As I continue to write I continually have to think of the "rules" and work on my similes, metaphors and description...As a no-nonsense person I find it hard to add flowery phrases, just as when I'm reading someone else's book I find myself skipping over sentences like this to get right to the meat of the story...Different minds reading the same story, some read for the plot and some read for the writing...(that is my take anyway)...At least this writing experience keeps my mind active...Don't want those brain cells going dormant!

Yesterday we had the annual Sorority Bunco party with 16 women in attendance, a full 4 tables...Before getting down to the game we shared finger foods brought by our members...All of us added $5.00 to the pot, 1/2 went for cash prizes and 1/2 to the Wallowa County food bank...Soon the cacophony of women's voices filled the room, laughter, shouts of "BUNCO" and a few expletives were heard as the dice continued to roll...Talk about a mindless experience!!! Hugs to all.... OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment