Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year 2012....24º--Clear

Where to start?...Yesterday was a lazy day...Herb and I made meat balls in the am, I did the mixing and he did the shaping and baking, while I headed to the track for a walk in the cold, crisp mountain air.

I just read recently that meatballs are the up and coming trendy food...Everyone is serving meatballs in all kinds of sauces...The can be served on sandwiches, over rice or pasta or as appetizers...They use to be classed as comfort food and mostly served at home or in Italian restaurants ...Now they are going gourmet...High end restaurants add wine to the sauce, give them a fancy name and a high price and people flock to eat the latest trendy food...My friend Connie posted her meatball making extravaganza on Facebook...100 plus meatballs made, packaged and stored in the freezer for quick and easy meals after a long day at work...Friend Brian was making meatballs in sauce to share at a Friday night party...Pat and I did a taste test for him, yummy...Bobi makes chicken meatballs served with a peanut sauce and they are very good...Herb and I made 48 meat balls, using beef, pork and deer meat...We had some in home made spaghetti sauce for our dinner and froze the rest...Herb's comment---trying to be diplomatic..."I think I like spaghetti best with hamburger in the sauce rather than made into meatballs." I have to agree, but the meatballs are fun for a change...Now what to do with the frozen ones?...  OWAV:)

      HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

4 comments:

  1. I hope this it's not inappropriate for me to post here. I've enjoyed your blog and now I'm pretty sure that you are Craig's mother and stayed with me once here in Fairplay Colorado in 1989. I saw Craig in '93 or '94 and I am trying to get in touch with him again. If you could help me do that I would really appreciate it. You can contact me at patpocius@gmail.com Thanks, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I'm not the person you are looking for...Glad you enjoy my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to have bothered you...I thought this was Ruth's blog, but now I understand and see she's in the process of moving. If you think of it, I'd really appreciate it if you would pass this info along to her. You're so dedicated to this blog...I'm very impressed. My mom is a writer too. Keep up the good work. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat, As I suppose you have figured out, even though I put my blog out to the world, I'm cautious about how I answer people that comment here...Your comment was definitely not inappropriate and I welcome your comments.. OWAV:) PS Watch for a regular email from me.

    ReplyDelete