Thursday, April 11, 2024

New endeavor for Joseph Charter School...36º sunshine...

Teaching children where their food comes from, how to plant, grow and harvest this food is a life skill...I'm impressed that this opportunity is forthcoming...Click on this link for information...   https://elkhornmediagroup.com/joseph-school-district-plants-the-seeds-for-a-student-run-garden/?fbclid=IwAR1ozour4PEmGLOHJprYu-4nko9aGu_AkUHX7yuvtAmnPnMK-wkf01oYHdo_aem_AZpXKmzHkHzh-CwiirwGFmAw_SQASFLBCkdRGwrsf2u4mhnG1CxNMTdB8Ay7usAIGKLn0BMP_gdmJSoLpYbQsL22

Questions arise in my mind as I read this information...They have $99,973 in grant money for this project, in my world, that is "a lot" of money...Of course in todays world it is enough money to get the project up and running.

Now for my question, will there be enough money to sustain the project?..If not, where will that money come from?..Will it be handed back to the school district to fund? Will it rely on volunteers to carry on the project and grow food year after year to supplement the school lunch program?

Gardening (this project) takes an immense amount of hard work, and dedication to bring it to fruition...Who are the people to do this and where is the money coming from after the initial grant money is spent?

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but i've seen too many projects, funded by grant money, that after the newness and excitement wears off, no one wants to do the hard work...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...The lunch program is dear to my heart, I spent almost 20 years at Joseph schools, working in this program and know how important fresh food is in children's diets.

freshly dug carrots.

1 comment:

  1. My question? Why pumpkins? They are a throw away item. bob

    ReplyDelete