Thursday, October 12, 2017

Snowy...30º

First fall snow covers the ground on Barton Heights this morning, more is predicted...Not unusual for us to get snow this time of year, I'm hoping that the real winter snow holds off until November...Time will tell.

This past week, we, with less to do in the yard/garden, have started taking a short morning walk...The fall days are crisp, invigorating and beautiful...Today's snow might change our minds or maybe not...All of our trees are still fully leafed out, so I hope we don't get a huge dump of snow that will break limbs and can do major damage to the trees.

I'm getting back into the routine of water therapy every Tuesday and Thursday, working around those hours and still keeping up with the never ending cooking, house work and garden chores...This week I attended the last meeting of Garden Club for the year...Many of the women are interested in taking a "Master Gardener" class, but Wallowa County is hard pressed to make this happen in our area...Other years people have gone to La Grande for the class and several years ago I too thought I would like to do this, but was not willing to drive to LG, in January, to attend an evening class...Some time over the years I realized that the class wasn't a must for me and I think back then, I just liked the sound of saying, "I'm a Master Gardener." Not important anymore...I really think that more knowledge can be gleaned from our monthly meetings and put into practical use, here in Wallowa County..Don't get me wrong, I'm not against learning, just for me in particular, not into class room study...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Below are scenes from the morning walk.




3 comments:

  1. You are already a master gardener. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the experience I've had of Master Gardeners, you could teach the class! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks "Girls," for the vote of confidence...I think the class must not be about the practical side of growing gardens.

    ReplyDelete