Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Pre-Function...17º


Huckleberry Cheese cake

Counting our blessings this year, such as a warm comfy home, a well stocked pantry, mostly good health, family sending love from afar and friends close by to party with, I had a whim to celebrate.

A pre-function sounded like a good idea to me and was welcomed by the "Frolander Clan."...I sent the invite via "messages," Sunday, December 31, 2pm, (thinking that the younger set might have plans to actually celebrate by staying up until Midnight, something Herb and I never do)...Bring your favorite snack food, and join us for an afternoon of food, drink, cards and conversation...This gave me the inspiration to cook, bake and try new recipes...I made crostini our of a homemade sourdough baguette, then I chopped up artichokes, kalamata olives, added a dab of mayo for tapenade topping...Meatball sliders served with marinara sauce, topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese on one of my dinner rolls was next on the list...Huckleberry cheesecake rounded out my menu.

2PM Sunday the crowd arrived with plates of fresh sliced veggies, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, chili cheese dip and chips, and fresh fruit!..My idea was to have kind of a progressive feeding frenzy...First plates were served up, drinks in hand, we ate and visited...Then it was time for a game of 5 Crowns...That really helped us to work up an appetite and the smell of Italian meat balls brought out more plates loaded with veggies and sliders, next another game of cards as we anticipated dessert!..A bumper crop of huckleberries (from last summer) covered the cheesecake as everyone groaned in delight or misery, or both...It was well passed dark before everyone left for home...Herb and I had minimal cleanup and were ready for bed at a respectable 9pm...Happy New Year Everyone...OWAV:)

To end the evening we surprised John.
Happy late birthday..December 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment