Thursday, September 5, 2019

A fruitful week...54º

Apricots taken care of for this year, enough plums rescued from the marauding deer to make jam and a few to eat, we are looking ahead to roasting tomatoes and making pickles next week.

The last few days were spent in the kitchen, first making zucchini/pattypan relish for hot dogs and hamburgers...Then a messy job, dicing Santa Rosa plums, because they are cling stones...I got enough to make a double batch of the most delectable jam and since I had all the pots and pans assembled, it seemed like a good idea to make huckleberry jam as well...I found packages of HB's from both 2017 and 2018 in the freezer...They will now join the plum jam on the cellar shelves and be used for topping on pancakes and cheesecakes this winter.

I needed a break on Sunday, so when Pam text that she was joining John and Becky and company on the Lostine River, did we want to go along?..Herb opted to relax at home but I went along for the ride and a fun afternoon in the outdoors, sitting along side the river, drinking red beer, eating hobo dinners and enjoying their camping spot.

Yesterday H and I both had acupuncture and he a dental visit to fix a tiny cavity, that turned into a crown prep and hopefully not a root canal...Time will tell...I had a PT appointment and saw the MRI of my knee, no torn meniscus after all, just deteriorating cartilage, not sure if that is good or bad...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

The Girls cooling their heels.

Tater patiently waiting for someone to throw his a stick.

Yummy hobo dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment