Monday, April 19, 2021

Colorful wardrobe.

 Yesterday Herb and I went to our second social event in the span of two days... I dressed in the same outfit on both days...Black jeans with a pink mock turtleneck and a bright red corduroy shirt (Christmas gift)...I like bright colors and the whiter my hair becomes the more I gravitate toward them--OR maybe it is because I've always liked them...OH OH reminds me of a time long ago.


I must have been about 10 years old when for Christmas I received a pair of red slacks and a pair of pink socks...Normally I had only white socks and blue jeans to wear...Mom only bought white underwear and socks...I had no choice, no matter how much I begged for red socks and panties..."No she would say they "run" in the wash"...My mind had a hard time getting around this statement as I pictured my socks and panties with feet and legs of their own running from washtub to washtub...Until she, looking at the puzzled expression on my face, explained that "run" means the red color comes out in the water and stains the other clothes making them pink...I thought this was a good idea but then she explained that she didn't think Daddy would like it if HIS underwear was pink... Now this made me giggle as my mind tried to focused on this picture...I never in my entire life saw Daddy in his underwear but I conjured up a picture and had to admit that she was right... By the miracle of Christmas, Santa had brought me pink socks, and red slacks...Bigger miracle Mom allowed them in her wash, surely the pink wouldn't run onto the whites and the red slacks could go in with the blue jeans...Now back then you did not wear pink and red together, they clashed I was told...Didn't matter to me I loved my pink and red outfit then as much as I love it today...And I continued to believe in Santa for several more years because I knew he was my only hope for red panties...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment