Monday, October 18, 2021

Oma Returns...38º

 I'm not exactly sure when my "blog world" turned upside down, but it was either November or December of 2020...For some unknown reason I couldn't sign into the page, where a draft is typed...After writing there for almost 10 years, I was locked out...I finally figured out that I could type and post a blog on my phone, but that was very tedious, and it was impossible to add photos...So for 5 months I wrote my daily blathering in "notes," then copied and pasted it into the page on my iPhone...It worked but I still couldn't do photos and it was very frustrating, as it would leave out words, or sentences, leaving me wanting to scream...Finally I just stopped writing and made promises that I would start again soon.

Five months later I had finally made up my mind to start a new blog and go from there...The perfect opportunity happened this week...Bobi was coming to spend quality time with Herb and I was supposed to go on my annual hot springs trip to McCall..The trip got canceled, Bobi still came and we had several days to enjoy a visit with her...She mentioned several times, "Mom we have to see if we can fix your blog or start a new one," and we finally did."..After about an hour of intense frustration, she finally figured out, by comparing the iPhone blog to the computer blog, that the wrong address had gotten put in the computer blog, so my password no longer worked to let me in...We will never know how or why this happened but it is now fixed and I better start writing or i'm going to be in big trouble with our daughter.

                                                                                            

Some of the highlights of the past 5 months are: Rusty came for a visit in May, bought a house, 6 miles away from us in Enterprise and plans to move back to Wallowa County, maybe next year...In the meantime, he must sell everything in Bend, paint and repair things on the Enterprise house and continue with his job as a butcher/sausage maker.

Our granddaughter Cienna graduated from Oregon State University, in June, with honors and degrees in Elementary Education and Sociology...She is a delightful young lady and we are so proud of her!

                                                                                      

Life goes on for Herb and I, here on Barton Heights...It was an unusually hot and dry summer, so our days were spent, working outside in the early morning and shading up for the rest of the day..Our gardens struggled, while we worked hard to keep them watered.

                                                               

Bobi, Cienna and Rusty all came for a visit in early August...We BBQed, spent time at the lake, and tried to stay cool, as the hot, dry days continued.

I will stop here, and for the next couple of months will add more details to our summer highlights...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

6 comments:

  1. Nice to have you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And maybe this comment thing will actually work...Keep commenting and I will keep writing...:)

      Delete
  2. Hello my friend. Oh HAPPY Your blog is back. I have missed it. I received the peony you gave are friend Dennis to give to me. I as so happy to get it this summer.
    Please keep writing. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got the peony, it is a beauty...And please keep reading...Hugs

      Delete
  3. It sure does, should have worked your magic long ago...

    ReplyDelete