Monday, December 26, 2016

Joyful Celebration...11º

I'm thinking this morning about how the Christmas Celebration has changed over the years, how commercial it has become and how it can be all about advertising and shopping and glitter and glitz...I have gone from the excitement of Santa and Reindeer flying through the air and anticipation of what might be hiding inside the gaily decorated packages, under the tree...Worrying about, have I been good or bad and is someone really keeping score, did I asked for too many gifts, will I get what I really wanted?..Is Santa real or are my more wordly classmates right, when they say that our parents buy all the gifts and Santa is but a fantasy for naive children?

Now as I look out at our snowy world, here on Barton Heights, Christmas for me is about the gift of love, as we spend time together, fixing food, playing games, sharing and caring, with family and friends, no matter the season or the place...And of course for children, it is about Santa and Reindeer on the rooftop....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.





No comments:

Post a Comment