Monday, January 2, 2017

What to do?...2º

Scrabble games done, 2 cups of coffee finished, Facebook perused (maybe scanned is a better word.) The words "Happy New Year" are front and center from all parts of the world and on the home front are photos of the "Polar Bear Plunge" into the frigid waters of Wallowa Lake...Someone, getting ready to take the plunge, commented that they needed a wakeup call to get rejuvenated for the New Year!..Hmm I wonder if that would have worked for me?

It seems that I am in the "humdrum doldrums" as the New Year starts...Looking back at the start of my blog in January of 2011 and 2012, I was excited and looking forward to the Big Read (then in its 5th year) going to the kick off, movies, lectures, discussions and the grande finale...Also the dog sled races here in Wallowa County were in their infancy and that also peaked my interest...But today i'm content to stay home, read, play on the computer and stay warm and cozy...Can't even get excited about writing this blog and cooking and eating doesn't excite me as, yes, I probably gained at least 5 lbs over the holidays and must get it off!...So looks like I better make a big pot of soup, chop umpteen heads of lettuce and get back with the healthy eating program...It makes me want to cry, when I think of the remaining chocolates...Do I freeze them, give them away or eat them all and make myself sick...😟

The only project that I have started is our yearly photo calendar, it waits patiently for me to finish and hit send to get it printed and back to us...January will be half over by then and daylight will have increased, maybe brightening my mood!..That's me always looking on the bright side...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Brings a smile to my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment