Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sourdough Class...24º

Having struggled with sourdough baking for many years, when a class was offered in downtown Joseph I jumped at the chance...Lynne Curry is a well known author/chef now living in our small town after marrying a Wallowa County native...I took her pie crust baking class a few years ago and came away with a new recipe and new ideas...I enjoyed the class, the comraderie and the sampling.

I was not disappointed yesterday, with six people in attendance, Lynne gave a well organized presentation, time for lots of questions and much more information than I could digest...She had prepared in advance, a sourdough/apple cake and pancakes, for us to sample...She talked about using different flours/grains for your sourdough starter and how to make bread, biscuits, cakes, so many things using sourdough and how to feed and care for your sourdough starter...She demonstrated making biscuits, that we all sampled at the end of the class...We all came away with starter in a pint jar that we added flour and water to...Mine is bubbling away on the counter as I write...We will receive an ebooklet later this week with recipes.

I just happened to have a working sourdough so this morning I have biscuits rising for our breakfast...Herb is doing bacon and eggs to go with them and you will have to read OWAV tomorrow to see if we had biscuits or hockey pucks for breakfast...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Rising

Odds and ends.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Idella! Glad you got "started" in sourdough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you enjoyed the class. I'll be awaiting the verdict!

    ReplyDelete