Thursday, January 26, 2017

The latest biscuit...22º

Herb and I were so happy with the outcome of "the biscuits" yesterday that they became dinner...I still used the recipe I got many years ago because I have some idea about how this dough should feel and be handled...Also after talking to a couple of friends (old time sourdough bakers) about sour dough baking I wanted to experiment...They talked about pinching off balls of sticky dough, instead of patting out and cutting biscuits...They also talked about a light biscuit...I used my potato water starter as it had worked quickly and had a pleasant yeasty/sour/ potato fragrance...I think in my concern over getting to much flour into the dough I maybe didn't have enough...They were very sticky and fragile, but they raised nicely, and soon were ready for the oven...Even though the texture (crumb) was a bit course, they smelled wonderful, and the course texture soaked up butter like a sponge...We each finished off two of them alternating between butter and jam and honey butter...What is that saying, "Ambrosia for the Gods?"...Maybe, maybe not but they worked for us, mere mortals....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Not today but maybe tomorrow, I will try following my newest sourdough recipe to the letter (I have a hard time following a recipe, I always want to change it) and start to get a feel for that dough.


Ready for the oven.

Ready to sample.




No comments:

Post a Comment