Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Lazy...24º

I spent time yesterday reading my new sourdough recipes and feeding my sourdough starters, (I have three working actively)...The newest one I started with potato water and in a couple of days I will made my regular 6 (5 go in the freezer) loaves of sourdough bread that we use everyday for toast and sandwiches...It is not a traditional sourdough but suits our purpose as it tends to stay moist without molding, slices easily and holds its shape...I start with bread and whole wheat flour, add the "starter" and water, then add small amounts of flax, oatmeal, cornmeal, maybe quinoa, chia, depending on my mood, throw in salt, a bit of instant yeast and a glug or two of molasses...This is kneaded for 10 minutes in my Bosch mixer and is a very stiff dough...Let it raise a couple of times before I shape into loaves and place in loaf pans...Sometimes I add raisins/craisins to a pound of dough for special cinnamon toast...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment