Saturday, May 6, 2017

Coastal Weather...38º

Rain overnight, fog surrounds our valley this morning, making it look like a day on the coast...It looks like we might see the sun by Sunday afternoon...Anticipating the rain, I made my annual trip to the Alder Slope Greenhouse to buy bedding plants...It is early to plant but last year it worked to plant early and leave them next to the house, covered with milk jugs (mini greenhouses) for the rest of the month and by June 1st they were nicely filled out and ready for their place on the deck...I did plant two containers of pansies as they are hardy and will tolerate freezing weather and I love their smiling faces.

Now I have to get motivated to clean out the fridge, prep and cook food for the coming week before I find a book to read, which is what I would rather do!

Yesterday I deadheaded daffodils and picked one bunch of doubles that were bending over from the weight of the blooms, they made a lovely bouquet, and brighten our living room this morning....Hugs To All...OWAV:)




No comments:

Post a Comment