Wednesday, July 10, 2019

All's quiet...59º

After having our "kids" here for a visit, the first inclination is to sit and stare into space, reprogramming our brains back to normal...But in reality, it is best to keep moving...Herb works on the laundry, the extra sheets and towels are washed, line dried and folded...I inventory the fridge, hoping we can live on leftovers for a few days, then go outside to water in the veggie garden...I harvested all the garlic scapes, most of them I delivered to a cafe in town, "The Dog Spot," where Arien, dries, ferments and uses them in all kinds of dishes...My friend MaryB stopped by to pick up the remaining ones, that she grills and makes into garlic pesto.

In the back of my mind, I know the upstairs is calling me...We are helping Cienna furnish her apartment with a small chest of drawers and wooden crates and I know that dust and cobwebs were left behind...Armed with swiffers, a bucket of soapy water and rags I'm in attack mode...I vacuum, dust and scrub and open some windows to let the warm summer breeze in...As I open windows, dust and dirt falls off of the curtains, my Mom's voice fills my head..."Della, don't do a half-assed job, the curtains need to be washed." The curtains from 4 rooms are soon in a pile on the floor and I see how dirty the window sills are..."Yes Mom, I'll do it right."..Downstairs to refill the bucket with fresh soapy water and get more rags, I drop the curtains by the washer, Herb immediately picks up that more laundry needs to be done...For the next couple of hours I clean sills and wash windows and by then the curtains are washed, dried and I fold them flat, thinking I will iron them before putting them back up...We call it a day...Hugs To All...OWAV:) To be continued.

PS...Bobi sent photos of the kittens, as they get aquainted with their new home.







No comments:

Post a Comment