Friday, May 26, 2023

Can OMA make a comeback?

I started blogging in January of 2011, on a whim...Just a way to record memories of everyday life such as, visits from our children, travels, and holidays, what we had for dinner, photos of my baking projects, our flower gardens and the garlic patch...Most of the time I tried to keep it light, even funny...Even though my "writing" leaves something to be desired, people made encouraging comments, started following me and if I didn't write for a few days, I would get a call from my sister Mona, asking if I was sick?...So I continued my blathering for many years up until a year ago and then it was difficult to write, we still had good times but I had to concentrate on other things, writing didn't come easy...Now I think I'm back and some of my writing will be redundant, but I have to move forward and maybe this will help.

Four years ago Herb had a couple of small strokes that landed him in the emergency room and he was hospitalized for a couple of days...The doctor recommended more testing and aa appointment with a neurologist...Things changed gradually, the neurologist said he really shouldn't be driving and that was a hard pill for him to swallow...But he could still mow the lawn in summer and plow snow in winter...Also until a year ago he did most of the heavy stuff for me, in the yard and garden...We spent more time at home, only going to the grocery store and doctor appointments...I now did all the driving and we had friends who drove us, if need be...We began to treat ourselves to acupuncture and massage, something to look forward to every week!..Over those years our kids came for visits, helping when and where they could, giving me a break to leave for a few days of R & R...We traveled less but continued to keep active at home, summer yard work and winter shoveling snow...Then COVID arrived, we opted for the vaccinations and we kept it at bay until October 2022, when Herb was hospitalized and in quarantine for 5 days...I had cold symptoms but didn't get sick, even though I tested positive. To be continue......

My goal is to start posting a blog again, maybe not everyday but at least once a week...Hugs to All...OWAV :)


Garlic in April

Daffodils

4 comments:

  1. Good to have your blathering back. Dad would approve. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he would have, and he was good at correcting my mistakes. :)

      Delete
  2. Blather away...I have missed your blog and know it will be healing for you. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Diane, I always love your comments. Hugs to you and Kim

    ReplyDelete