Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Writing whatever pops into my mind...Cloudy/sunny

Yesterday was an inside/outside day...The house was cool so I kept going outside to warm up but couldn't really settle on just one project...I noticed the vacuum, still sitting in the living room, needed to be emptied...Hmmm, never had to worry about that before because Herb always did that job among many others, little/big things he did, without prompting...A few days ago, while in the bathroom, the toilet paper was almost empty, I changed it, then realized I probably hadn't done that in the last 20 years, yep Herb always did it...Just like he regularly changed the oil in my car, washed it on a regular basis, made sure the tires got changed winter and summer...For many years he took over the job of doing the laundry...Which meant that in summer he hung the clothes outside on the clothes line and in winter hung them downstairs to dry by the wood stove, because that was how I wanted it done..I think the dryer ruins your clothes and why not take advantage of solar/wood heat!..Up until the last two/three years, he did those things and many more.

On one of my trips outside yesterday to warm up, Rusty had the "push mower" on the lawn and said "Mom, come see how easy it is to start this lawn mower." Well I suckered for that and before I knew what was happing, I was walking/running/trotting behind the mower as Rusty (big grin on face) watched from his chair on the deck, and when I was done, he said, "What do you think of your new exercise program?" Such a good son, always thinking of my health and well being...He also gave me a lesson in emptying the vacuum cleaner.

It just so happens that Rusty is going to Jim Creek with John for two days, bringing out horses and mules from their winter pasture...I have a lunch date today and i'm thinking about possible other things to do while he is gone...Maybe take naps, eat bonbons', read a book, sit on the deck and drink wine with a friend and watch the grass grow, hmmmm, wonder if I will remember how to start the lawn mower!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Can't see you eating bon bons for too long! Enjoy your lunch and card games. xoxo bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this made me laugh...such a good son :)

    ReplyDelete