Friday, March 27, 2015

Lemons...64º--93º

I've been denying for several days now that this head/chest cold is kicking my Butt...But finally yesterday I said to Herb, "I really don't feel like driving across town, going to a museum, I just want to check out a few yardsales and maybe find some lemons to take home."..(Deep down I just want to be home.)..It is not unusual for me to feel this way, I always have such mixed emotions before leaving on a trip, not really wanting to leave home in the first place, I soon find myself longing to be back on familar ground...After I'm back home for awhile, I will remember the fun of the trip, the people and sights we have seen and in retrospect, "Yes, we had a great time, warm, sunny days, sparkling pools, ball games, musical, shopping, eating out, nice comfortable condos."..Will I do it again?...I don't know.

Yesterday we did find a few yardsales, friendly people willing to share their crop of lemons with us...The man led us to the back yard and the lemon tree, where he helped up pick, quickly filling a bag and leaving him a few..."Said he might use 5 or 6 in a season...These lemons are huge and amazing compared to what we buy at home or even in Arizona, in the supermarket...It is anothe hot day here today our last day before we start the trip home...We will check out a few more yardsales, mostly looking for another lemon tree, maybe we can fill another bag...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Compare one large egg to one lemon.




No comments:

Post a Comment