Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas Spirit...30º

A couple of inches of snow overnight, maybe more to come...Yesterday I looked through photos both on my computer and sorted through 4 shoe boxes full of photos, trying to get in the Christmas spirit and also looked at the calendar to see how many days are left...Approximately 3 weeks until our family celebration...I think I'm supposed to be buying/making gifts, making candy and chex mix, cleaning house, listening to Christmas music and doing other Ho Ho stuff...Hmmmm, the Christmas Bazaar and Jingle thru Joseph last weekend didn't spark my interest...Years ago I would have been first in line to attend these events and before that I was in the thick of things, making ornaments and candy to sell at my very own booth!

It seems that nostalgia about family outings riding a bobsled, pulled by a team of horses, picking the perfect tree, got in the way of my Christmas spirit, as I spent the day remembering...Other celebrations with grandparents and our then young children, hunting for the illusive perfect tree, Santa was visited, presents wrapped, secrets kept...There was sledding on "saucers" over bumpy terrain with just enough snow, listening for reindeer on the roof and shouts of "Merry Christmas Everyone" echoed in dreams...Soon these little ones turned into teenagers, we still looked for a tree, filled stockings not with nuts and candy but funny gifts, all in the spirit of giving...The spirit of Christmas changed as we celebrated with Margarita glasses, toasting to many more years...And then we became the grandparents, Christmas again had the excitement of wonder, surprise, Rudolph, Santa decked out in a red suit, flying around the world bringing gifts to all good children.

Snow on the ground, counting down the days, looks like I better start making a list or maybe just get busy and at least make a couple of batches of candy, some chex mix, check out the local shops for stocking stuffers and put on some Christmas music...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

The year of the little tree

A shirt sleeve snowy Christmas

Presents Galore

Thanksmas Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment