Friday, November 11, 2016

Serendipitous Moment...37º

This happened so quickly, a brief moment in our weekend in McCall, that I had totally spaced it since sending Pam an email with a web address (url) about the 80 foot Christmas tree (loaded on an enclosed truck that crossed in front of us at a McCall stop light.

 http://www.kivitv.com/news/christmas-tree-cut-down-in-mccall-will-tour-idaho-before-going-to-dc

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho/mccall-celebrates-capitol-christmas-tree/348711467

So this morning I have been doing more research on what we actually saw, taking a chunk of time out of my morning, when I should be going for a walk!!! I have a couple more web sites for you and will tell you briefly what we saw.

It was not the National Christmas Tree but the "Peoples US Capitol Christmas Tree" that sits outside on the lawn at the Nations Capitol...This tradition was started in 1964, taking trees from national forests across the country...This years tree was cut on Nov 2 from the Payette National Forest near the little ski hill in McCall...We saw it on Nov 5th as it began its almost 1000 mile tour in Idaho before it starts its 3000 mile trek to Washington DC...(I wonder if it will have any needles left by the time it arrives.) LOL
More website if you want to check this out, I must get moving...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment