Thursday, April 6, 2017

Call Me Crazy...50º

It was warm and sunny yesterday, just right to pick up limbs and assorted debris around the yard, while checking the flower gardens for emerging perennials...I ordered 5 new oriental poppies last year and at least 4 of them are coming up...They are among my favorite flowers and the deer seem to avoid them, fingers crossed...My early fern peony is up and other peonies are just peeking through...Blue windflowers and starry twinkles are in full bloom and the daffodils are about to start their annual show adding yellow to the landscape.

I made a trip to the Joseph library to return books and took a minute to glance at the shelf of new books...Now all of you know that I have been sorting gardening books and donating them to the local thrift shop, keeping only a few favorite ones...I came home with two new gardening books, feeling very proud of myself because I can look at these, glean new ideas and knowledge, and return them to the library, never having to dust them or worry about finding them a new home...Herb just shook his head, when he saw my new "reading" material...It just happens to be windy/rainy outside, a perfect day to peruse the new books...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment