Monday, April 10, 2017

Snow/flowers...36º

Luckily the flowers that bloom this time of year are snow hardy..."Windflowers" frosted with snow, "Glories in the Snow," (that is their name) and "Daffodils" bent over double from the snow are blooming in our yard along with the "Pasque" flower, that sometimes blooms in a sunny spot before the snow is all melted...That is, it blooms until the deer have it for a midnight snack.

Yesterday with brief sun breaks, I found myself outside taking a very short walk and snapping a few photos of these lovely spring flowers...They are some of my favorites and prompted me to do a little shopping on line, where I made a list for a possible order...I'm always looking for more poppies and peonies because mostly the deer don't bother them...Vegetable seeds are also on the list, I need to replenish my supply.

Enjoy the spring flowers below, they are getting snowed on again...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Pasque flower up close

Pasque


windflowers and a few daffodils

More Windflowers

Glories of the Snow




2 comments:

  1. I love spring flowers and spring snow. Had some snow this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes the grass green...Snow/rain showers all week...I love spring.

      Delete