Thursday, June 1, 2017

Baking Bread...40º

Yesterday was a cooler day with a promise of rain...Early morning I added working sour dough to bread flour, oatmeal, cornmeal and flax along with butter, salt, molasses and a small amount of yeast (just to make sure the loaves would raise)...By noon I was taking them out of the oven to cool, ah that heavenly smell...Three loaves went to the freezer for Herb and I delivered a loaf each to our two friends, Willa and Margaret, both in their ninties, as well as loaves to Bill and Joel, the guys on Barton Heights who work hard to keep our ditch running all summer...I love giving gifts like this.

While I was out delivering, Herb stayed home to cook our dinner of chicken thighs, baked potato and squash...I arrived home as it came out of the oven, we added leftover cole slaw for a delicious meal.

Temperatures the first of the week were in the high 70's and 80's drying everything out and bringing the lilacs to full bloom, a relaxing evening was spent on our deck, surrounded by the scent of lilacs...Rain overnight makes today the perfect day to slow cook a chuck roast for our dinner...Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment