Monday, September 11, 2017

Changing Weather...47º

Our parting shot on Wednesday morning.


Our Wallowa Valley has gone from high temperatures, smoke filled, mountains verily visible, to mostly clear blue skies, sunny and much cooler.

Morning Sunrise, blue sky above the clouds.

Early yesterday morning I chopped "bacon ends and pieces" added them to mixed dried beans, added, onions, garlic and celery, put them all in the dutch oven, covered with water and put in the oven to cook all day on low heat...The house needed to be warmed up, instead of cooled down, for the first time in at least a month...Cooler temps also put me in the baking mood...I chopped apples, grated zucchini and pulled out a couple of new recipes...Fresh apple cake and ginger bread sounded good to me...Of course I added the apples to the Apple Cake and made up my own recipe by adding zucchini to the Ginger Bread...They both turned out moist and rich...Herb enjoyed the crusty edges and the rest went into the freezer, saved for the Garden Club tomorrow...Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment