Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Lamb in the freezer...45º

The past week was perfect weather for hanging and cooling lambs...The rain had ceased and the temps dropped down to freezing at night and stayed cool during the day...It is important to cool the carcass and keep it cool...We let them hang for 5 days in our small garage and cut one up on Monday, the second on Tuesday...It went well, Herb and I agreeing on where the cuts needed to be made for the best roasts and chops...He did all the cutting and sawing, while I helped by holding everything still...Then I did the trimming and he packaged it for the freezer...Wonderful pasture raised meat for this winter...Thanks Debbie/Tim for raising these animals.

More garden clean up this morning as the remaining zucchini vines, patty pans, cukes and tomatoes  will be pulled out and the potatoes harvested and the garlic will be planted, in the next few days...Cooler weather and possible rain is in the forecast for next week...I love these fall days and in one way I look forward to winter because I like the changing seasons...What I don't like is the added darkness of winter, the short daylight hours...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Fall Crocus
Autumn Joy

Black Eyed Susans

No comments:

Post a Comment