Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Insomnia...56º

Garden Club was on my calendar yesterday...Nine people toured a lovely garden and pond belonging to Ron and Trudy Jet on the outskirts of Joseph, before coming to our home on Barton Heights for a brief garden tour and dessert...The afternoon was perfect with a few clouds and a clear view of the mountains from our deck...We were small in numbers yesterday but enthusiasm was high as we talked about the end of summer, sad that it is drawing to a close but happy to put our gardens to bed.

Herb, as always, helped me with the cleanup, before we both took time to relax...Late evening I realized that neither of us had eaten since breakfast, (other than dessert) so I warmed the leftover pizza and ham and beans...Pam stopped by after work, for "wine 30" and we visited on the deck until after dark.

I was in bed by 9pm, ready for a good nights sleep...Woke up at 1:30 am and finally got up at 2:30 to read my book and wait for the automatic coffee pot to start at 4am...Now it is 7am, still in my jammies but feel rested so better get moving, maybe I will take a nap today...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Lovely Sunflowers.
  


2 comments:

  1. I just couldn't get out of the kitchen yesterday. Had planned on attending the garden tours, but alas jelly came first and time got away from me. 😣 I hope all had a good afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you, but I know how jelly comes first!..:) It was a small group, still lots of fun and always things to learn...Maybe next year we can do your garden. Hugs

      Delete