Sunday, November 12, 2017

Keeping Busy...34º

Leaving at daybreak for a Costco run, the roads were mostly bare, temperature below freezing...There was hardly any traffic and no wildlife jumped out in front of us.



It was misting rain when we pulled into Winco for our first stop, where we always stock up on fresh veggies and bulk items, before arriving at Costco just after it opens...Taking our time we both filled a   shopping cart, then checked out and made our way to "Tomato Brothers," for lunch/dinner...Since we split a burger for lunch, we made a rare stop for single scoop ice cream for our dessert...Herb stopped the car as we neared Anatone, as it was my turn to drive.

Up early as usual on Saturday morning, I had my work cut out for me...Soon two pies,  pumpkin and apple were in the oven...Earlier in the week, friend Katherine, asked if I could make pies for the Veterans' Chili feed, I said yes and also volunteered to help with prep work for the dinner...I arrived with pies by 9:30 and was put to work, arranging desserts on platters and slicing pies...The morning went fast and I enjoyed working in a kitchen with other people, most of them I met for the first time...Actually it went quite well, considering that none of us had worked together before nor had we worked in this particular kitchen...Texas Chili, cornbread and dessert was on the menu.

Pies

Cookies and Berry Cobbler

Roughly counting we fed maybe 50 veterans, had hoped for 100...Homemade Jam (a local band) entertained us with their lively music and everyone enjoyed a good meal, with friends...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

1 comment: