Monday, November 6, 2017

Snowy Days...26º

Small amounts of snow, then sun breaks, low temperatures...It was the perfect day for making bread...I had sourdough bubbling away over night on the back counter, all it needed was more flour, kneading, and time, to become the perfect loaf...While the dough did its thing and while the loaves were rising, I mixed a meatloaf, then cut veggies to roast in the oven...Actually the bread came out of the oven first, enticing us to cut the warm loaf, cover with butter and eat as an appetizer, while dinner cooked in the oven.

Today is another day just like yesterday, and again puts me in the baking mood...Chocolate Zucchini Cake comes to mind, a perfect dessert for the Veterans Day dinner this Saturday...Baked today, I can freeze it, thaw it on Saturday morning before I help do prep, for the dinner itself...I like the occasional chance to work in a commercial kitchen again, brings back good memories of my life years ago.

The sun is breaking through, to brighten up my day, an early morning for me as I adjust to Standard Time!...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

 Yesterday, I think I might have
found the perfect Whole 30 breakfast...
Leftover chicken and veggies from dinner, and sliced apple.

Bread that smelled so good, I had to 
have just one slice.


No comments:

Post a Comment