Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Getaway Reality...40º

We enjoyed our early morning drive from Joseph OR to Lewiston ID...Many people fear the winding, steep road but we always enjoy the greening of the canyons, blooming bushes and yellow balsam root dotting the hillsides, in April...The sky was bluer than blue as we dropped into Asotin and not a hint of the stinky odor that so often comes from the pulp mill.

Headed North

River at Boggans

View across the river

River between Asotin and Clarkston

We arrived at the subaru garage almost an hour early for our appointment, evidently not a problem...I signed the work order, handed over my key and the car disappeared into the garage...Brian (salesman) immediately offered us coffee, for our 2 hour wait...I said, "No thank you, we plan to walk to Winco (a few blocks away) and do some shopping." He said, "Why don't you let me drive you there and I will pick you up when you are done." We gladly took him up on his offer...We were back to the garage in little more than an hour, car was soon done and we were on our way...Brian was the kind of salesman that I like, offered once to show us a new car, "Wouldn't you like to pull into your driveway at home in a new car?" he said...I replied, "No we don't have 100,000 miles on this one yet." As we left he gave me his card and said, "Let me know when you are ready for your new subaru."

Tree in Winco Parking lot.

Having eaten a piece of toast for breakfast, I suggested we split a burger at Zany Graze...It hit the spot and then to kill time we decided to peruse the aisles of "North 40," in Lewiston...Bought a few garden essentials before leaving Lewiston headed for Hana Pa Cabin.

Our first selfie

Lunch

From there we took one of my famous scenic tours, going 20 miles out of our way before I finally said, "Herb I think we have to turn around and go back.".. The little cabin is well hidden, the directions we were given, leave something to be desired but finally we arrived...It is touted as being quiet and secluded...For big city people maybe so...For us the main highway across the river drowns out any sounds of the river and is much more noise than we are used to...Oh well, I think a getaway for me is only to remind me how much I love HOME!

So late afternoon, bottle of wine half empty, salmon and steak cooking on the grill, I suggested to Herb that we take our second selfie (he just loves this part of our trips) and maybe I could take the selfie while he was giving me a kiss!..This is how that bright idea went.

I suggest

He takes a moment to think it over

That was good for a laugh!

On that note, Hugs To All...OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. Ted & I both thoroughly enjoyed your trip, pictures, & funnies~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Virginia and Ted...I like sharing and making people laugh in the process.

    ReplyDelete