Monday, July 2, 2018

July 1st, Brrr...42º

Sunny blue skies are overhead, but a breeze is omnipresent, making it cool, unless you stay in direct sunlight...That is good working weather, but not as nice for sitting on the deck...So I've found jobs to keep me moving...The last two days have found me with my body on a ladder and my head in the apple tree...Our only fruit tree that bloomed this year is the Gravenstein apple and it set on so many apples...In order to have nice, big apples, the apples must be thinned, they are anywhere from marble size to golf ball size...I spent about 4 hours, (off and on) up and down the 5 foot ladder and picked 2 1/2, 5 gallon buckets full of these small apples...Now the apple tree looks naked, but trust me, it will have plenty of apples...(I hear my Mom saying, "Thin some more, Della.")

Yesterday afternoon was warm enough for some deck sitting, Pat arrived with more treasures that she has cleaned from her cupboards, and it gave us a chance to visit...Pam also stopped by, so the three of us could do some catching up...Luckily, late afternoon on the deck was warm and inviting, a perfect afternoon in the company of my best friends.

Photos from the passed week are more loaves of bread, a bouquet of peonies, (that may be the last for this summer) and also a photo of the last small bunch of asparagus (the last) and a new head of broccoli, so sweet, that Herb even liked it!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

A few brave souls, at the Thursday night music.

Asparagus and Broccoli

Two of the 6 loaves of bread, pre baking.

Peonies are beyond gorgeous this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment