Wednesday, January 29, 2020

More about food...25º

While in La Grande on Friday, we shopped at Grocery Outlet...I think it is our favorite store there...I love it for the unusual bargains, while some people hate it because they shop from a list and "GO," seldom has the same items on the shelves...Usually though I have good luck finding bags of tiny avocados, bagged sweet onions, bags of either large or small, red, orange, yellow peppers and sometimes bags of apples and oranges and lemons and limes are cheap...Then there is the specialty aisle, organic, gourmet, quinoa, hemp meal and milk, olive oils, balsamic vinegar, all kinds of energy bars and some things that are indescribable...From there we move on to the "chocolate aisle," OH MY, I resisted, but only because I have a few of my homemade mints left from Christmas...It is a good thing that we have to drive 70 miles home or I would be shopping in the ice cream aisle, they sometimes have "smoking deals" on Hagan das ice cream bars and even in a cooler they don't stay frozen for long and you could only eat so many of those on the way home!..Pam picked up a can of pepsi for the drive home, intending to keep both of us awake...

My best bargain of the day was 4 quarts of "real apple cider vinegar," less than $10.00, ($7.00 a quart in Wallowa County), that I found on the sale rack...Sell by date is 02-20...Hmmm I wonder what happens to vinegar when it reaches that magic number, does it get more sour, or does it become hard cider?..I guess I will find out when I use it to make dill pickles this coming summer!

I intended to write about making pizza today, but somehow I got sidetracked, at GO I bought an assorted package of Italian meats, perfect for pizza...Maybe tomorrow....Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Dinner?

Not much snow so far this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment