Monday, January 20, 2020

More Memories...25º

Since my blog writing has been sporadic for the past few months, I will take this opportunity to catch up on some stories and memories.

My friend Margaret passed away last July at age 94...She had lived the last year at the Alpine House assisted living, here in Joseph...I drove by the Alpine House and saw Margarets family busily moving her belongings from her apartment and took this chance to visit with family members...As I was leaving, Raelyn ( granddaughter) said, "Idella, would you like "GG's Christmas cactus?" "Of course." I said, thinking to myself, not sure about this, I've never been able to keep a cactus alive.

Our front porch houses all of the indoor plants for the summer, so I named the cactus "Maggie," added it to the lot and then forgot about it, except for an occasional drink of water...In late September,  we moved all the plants back in the house, including "Maggie."... I noticed a tiny bud starting to emerge, but since it was a long time before Christmas, I put it in our cool laundry room and watered it occasionally...By mid October, buds were forming on all the leaves and by Halloween it was in full bloom, does that mean it is a Halloween cactus, instead of a Christmas cactus?..And now in mid January it has put out 3 new blooms...Maybe if I keep neglecting it, it will keep reminding me on a regular basis, of all the good times Margaret and I had in our many years of friendship...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Margaret 90th Birthday Party

"Maggie" blooming on Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment