Monday, February 12, 2024

A bitter sweet day...28º Cloudy

 I finished beauty school in 10 months, moved back to Lake Fork to my parents new home, mid March, and began making plans for my upcoming wedding, June 10th 1961...Mom and Daddy had just returned home from their "vacation/working" on the Salmon river outside of Riggins, Idaho...They had spent about 3 weeks and had lots of stories to tell... We spent many enjoyable evenings trading stories, about fishing on the salmon river and my time in beauty school.

The snow was melting and the garden plot would soon be ready to plant, and the lawn area was also waiting to be seeded...Many jobs lay ahead...Daddy never complained, kept working, even though he was always in pain...We made a trip to Twin Falls, where I found a wedding dress, and fabric for bridesmaid dresses...I was the first daughter to have a planned wedding, so this was new to all of us.

It was a bitter/sweet day on June 10th, when Daddy walked me down the aisle, the last of his girls to marry...He was definitely showing signs of his illness and we all fought back tears, knowing this would be out last family gathering...It was heart breaking, and we were all trying to get good, smiling photos, when we were all torn apart.

The wedding went off without a hitch, we had an overnight "honey moon" in Boise, Idaho...I was up early Monday morning fixing my new husband, breakfast and Lunch, Herb was off to work as he would be for the next 34 years...to be continued... Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Joe, Blanche, Frances
and Elmer

Daddy and Me.

The first and last
time, Herb carried me
over the threshold or anywhere
else.

No comments:

Post a Comment