Friday, March 15, 2013

Sedona Last Day...50º

It has been close to a perfect week here at Sedona; Weather, scenery, comfortable condo, pools, hot tubs and mostly quiet...A good place to soak up the sun and warm air, also nurse our stuffy heads and hope we can leave them behind in Arizona...Today we start the ritual of gathering our stuff, making sure not to leave anything else behind.

Herb mentioned that he would fuel up the car today so I said good, maybe we can check out any yard sale signs we see...I got the raised eyebrow look but know he will humor me...It is clouding up a bit so might not be so good to sit at the pool...We will see.

Yesterday we spent several hours at the pool, found our favorite spot under a flowering tree that offers some shade and sun where we read and watched a family of four kids---ages 4 to 14 (I think)...The youngest a boy quite spoiled, hyper and a hand full...He stopped for only a brief rest now and them otherwise he was continually moving at high speed, in or out of the pool...Mom laid in the sun while the older kids rode herd on him...Actually he entertained himself quite well and the only thing that bothered me was the speed when he ran around the pool...I cringed waiting for him to trip and take a header on the rough surface...Obviously he had never been told that you do not run at the pool!

I tried a recipe for lemon bars that I found on the net...Touted as very lemony, not sickly sweet...Even for Herb and I they are a little too tart and think I will try the recipe again with some cream cheese, whipped and folded in before they are baked...The only baking dish in the condo was a 9 X 12 so I used a casserole dish for a half batch.

Lemon Bars

Time for me to get moving, maybe the yard sale signs are sprouting...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment