Thursday, March 21, 2013

What to Write?...26º

Words on paper...We were taught in grammar school to carefully print our letters on lined tablets made for just this purpose...We gradually moved on to cursive letters and practiced them on the same tablets... Then we learned to write joining letters together to make a word and several words to make a sentence...I think that writing years ago was an art form and something people were very proud of...The art of the written word has digressed over the years...First along came the manual typewriter that I learned on, then the electric typewriter followed and with the advent of computers writing became more obsolete...I for one never had "nice" handwriting, more like "chicken scratch"...Coupled with my lack of spelling skills I much prefer the computer method, everything nice and neat with spell check at my finger tips.

My first class in "handwriting analysis" started yesterday, only three of us attended and we were soon busy writing a sample sentence then measuring "strokes" on each letter then measuring again to get the "slant" of the letter...The two hour class zipped by and I made little headway in measuring but did much better on the quiz...Pat kept saying, "The measuring part is tedious, but you will get it, you just have to practice."...Sounds just like a teacher I had in grade school!..Now I need peoples writing to practice on but since people don't write anymore I will have to get inventive in procuring samples...Huuuummmm.... Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment