Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Busy Day...50º


Tuesday morning is always write people and it sounded like a good day to have lunch out as well...Herb fends for himself on a day like this but I try to have things in the fridge for him to warm up for lunch...I fixed mac and cheese and rhubarb sauce before Pat arrived to pick me up, and Herb shaped a couple of ground beef patties, one to cook and one to freeze.

After write people 4 of us met at the "Red Horse" for lunch and more visiting...The place does a booming business and since it was pouring rain everyone crowded inside...On a sunny day, many tables are available outside and give customers a view of the mountains...I ordered the Spanopakita, sour cream and salsa on the side...It was yummy.

Home before 2pm, I did scrabble and reached for a book to read and settle in for the rainy afternoon...Then I remembered that sliced rhubarb and a thawed piecrust was waiting to be made into a pie...The 3 stalks of rhubarb yielded enough for sauce and a pie...As I placed the pie in the oven, set the timer, I decided to make a batch of piecrust to put in the freezer...So while the pie baked, I measured flour, salt, lard and butter into the cuisinart and in short order had that blended and ready for the eggs, vinegar and water...The double batch makes enough for 4 large crusts, now shaped into "disks" each inserted in their own baggie and frozen for another day.

Late afternoon, the sun out, I checked the garden and flowerbeds, doing my usual deadheading...Back in the house, the pie was calling and with a slice of sharp cheese, Herb and I enjoyed every bite...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment