Tuesday, June 23, 2015

This and That...50º

Yesterday, after a FaceTime with Rusty, wishing him a Happy Birthday and catching up on his weekend, the new day was calling me...After moving water and cutting garlic scapes, I looking for more physical exercise and spent the next 1/2 hour splitting a small pile of wood...Herb had left some of the smaller rounds of larch out in the sun to make my job easier, I only had to split them in half...Deadheading lupines (an easy job) was next...I cut and carted most of them across the road, where I hope they will seed in and keep some of the weeds from encroaching on the flower beds...Always there are weeds to be pulled or dug out of the flower beds as I work my way through.

Leftover spaghetti and salad made an easy dinner after a short FaceTime with Bobi...Late afternoon my friend MaryB stopped by, we talked gardening while sipping wine, took a turn around the gardens and she left, excited, about the bag of garlic scapes I had cut just for her...It was a warm evening and I sat reading until the sun slowly made its decent behind the mountains...Another lovely day on Barton Heights...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Peonies are on their way out.





No comments:

Post a Comment