Friday, August 21, 2015

Annual Physical...46º

Today is that sort of dreaded day...Although I've been feeling good, is there something looming on the horizon for the doctor to find, something that I am not aware of?...Mostly I am an optomistic person, but sometimes I look at the worst scenario and then when it turns out not to be, I am much relieved...Today I see a new doctor because my "Primary Care Giver" (doctor) is on a years sabbatical...Dr Witt is new to the county but I have been reassured by two friends, that I will like her...She is kind and caring and will listen to what I have to say...Time will tell.

Yesterday morning I worked outside cutting down flowers that have gone to seed...About noon I got a call from Janie needing help to finish canning her sauerkraut...Back home about 2pm to fix our dinner...The afternoon flew by and 5pm found us at our usual place at the Gazebo listening to music.

A huge smoke plume rose up in the north as fires in the Wenaha area mushroomed, jumped the river and caused the Troy, Eden Bench and Grouse Flat to be evacuated...Not a huge population of people or houses in that area but still very tramatic for the ranch people and their animals, who are in the path of a wild fire...A Red Cross shelter has been set up in the Enterprise School and local people are volunteering trailers, trucks and pastures for cattle and horses.

We have sunshine here on Barton Heights and very little smoke this morning...We are lucky so far to have only smoke from the fires and will not complain...Hugs To All...OWAV:)




No comments:

Post a Comment