Friday, March 24, 2017

Blooms...38º

Almost a month ago, daffodils started showing up in the flower shop at Safeway...Slender green buds packaged 12 to a bunch, selling for 2 bunches for $5.00...A reasonable price and all you had to do was arrange them in a vase with water and wait for the buds to open...I almost bought some, but since I still had blooms on an orchid (in our living room) I decided to wait for daffodils from my own garden...Last Sunday I picked 12 of the tallest daffodils from the budded plants...Below is day 2 and day 5, a small bouquet, very fragrant and cheery...The really nice part is that over the past 20 years I have planted and transplanted hundreds of daffodils bulbs, an unlimited supply of blooms for the next month, to be enjoyed at home and shared with friends....Happy Spring...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


                    

1 comment: