Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Changing times...40º

Our weather seems to have settled into a spring routine of warmer days, scattered rain showers...Buds are swelling, green shoots are poking through the semi frozen ground, birds return to summer habitat, spring blooms soon to appear...This morning I will repost a "little ditty" that I wrote in 2011 as my frustration returns when the time changes...Hugs to All...OWAV:)
Crocus
CHANGING TIMES

Sunlight
Moonlight
Daylight
Who was so bright?

Lose an hour here
Gain an hour there
Change clocks everywhere
Is it more than I can bear?

Spring them forward
Fall them back
Oh no I’m all out of whack
Is someone keeping track?

One clock 
Two clocks
Forty-seven clocks
Is there no more tick tock?

There was a time when
We had grandfather clocks
Cuckoo clocks
Mantle clocks
Sundials, are they long gone?

Now we have blinking lights
Saying change me, no me
Like spoiled children
Begging for attention?

We have Clocks on the microwave & range
Clocks on the coffee pot & computer
Clocks on the TV and telephone,
Should I keep going on and on?

Our life is ruled, lest we forget
Not by the sunrise or sunset
The simple time of daylight to dark
As nature intended
Is it now but a lark?

More time squandered
Less time saved
As twice a year
Our clocks are changed

Do we all believe our daylight is more
As we bank it in the spring 
Then come fall it’s out the door
Please, please let us stop this foolishness
For now and evermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment