Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Books and Bags...27º

Since both of my WT partners were under the weather yesterday and I had many bags to go to soroptomists, Herb volunteered to go with me and carry them from the car, down the stairs and into soroptomists, basement sorting room...A beehive of activity as 5 women directed us saying "bags go there, put the big box over here, wait a minute and I will empty the bags so you can refill them."...They know we will be back with more donations.

Only 4 of us hardy souls showed up for WT, it was so quiet, peaceful and relaxing, but I did miss the comradry of all the others...Three more months to go before we take a summer break, then start back in October...It is a wonderful activity for the long winter months.

I finished my latest book yesterday, "Radio Girls."...A fiction based on some fact about the start of radio in England, known as the BBC...It spans several years in the late 30's and touches on subjects  about women in the work place, women suffrage and politics...It gets quite flat in the middle of the book but kept my interest and finally picks up toward the end...Interesting real history woven into the story...It is a worthwhile read.

Looking for a couple of people who would like to attend the musical in Elgin this saturday afternoon....I have two tickets for sale, $15 each for front row balcony, a great price and seat...The shows are always wonderful...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...I finally got my oopsi photo to show up in my blog...


No comments:

Post a Comment