Thursday, February 14, 2019

Catching up...26º

Since my last post, we have had a little more snow, and winds that make drifts, that close roads...Schools have opened late and closed early but compared to the rest of the state and Northwest, we have been very lucky...As long as we didn't have to leave home, things didn't look bad, but going north the Lewiston Hwy was closed for a day, blocked by two semi's on Buford Grade...The road to La Grande has been iffy for several days, with icy, snowy, windy conditions...Cricket Flat out of Elgin can be especially bad, when the wind blows...I 84 freeway has been closed almost as much as open, not that unusual for this time of year...On Tuesday night I 84, blocked by semi's near Hood River, escalated into a 20 mile stretch of road closed and about 1000 people stranded overnight...I read this morning that, that stretch has been opened and traffic is slowly moving...Our local Hurricane Creek road was drifted shut and closed for most of a day, I don't remember that happening before.

On the home front we are comfortable and warm and well fed, lucky that we don't have to leave the county...I did reschedule an appointment in LaGrande from Wednesday to Friday (tomorrow) where I will see a urologist for my recurring UTI...The road conditions look somewhat better.

After being back to water therapy for two days, the pool is again closed due to a faulty heater, maybe fixed by next Monday...On Tuesday Sinclair Brothers tree service showed up to trim our fruit trees, in the middle of a wind storm...I told them they were crazy, but go ahead, if they wanted to brave the cold...After two hours they were done, I handed them a check and warm cinnamon rolls, with smiling faces they were on their way, done for the day!...Valentine Hugs to All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment