Thursday, February 7, 2019

Keeping Busy...0º

Back at water therapy on Tuesday, a newly painted pool reminded me of the blue waters of both Cancun and Hawaii...Friendly faces, laughter and constant chatter filled the air, we were all excited to be in the pool again.

After several weeks of dealing with icy conditions on our property, and on the roads, we now have snow every where and the temperatures are dropping...I think snow and cold is much easier to deal with than ice...The cold weather puts me in the baking/cooking mood.

Yesterday I put ground beef in the crock pot, added onions, celery, broth and seasonings, then as the day went on I added more veggies until it turned into Taco Soup...While that was simmering away, I mixed a batch of roll dough, it rose into a big, soft, puffy ball, that I rolled out, smeared with butter, and covered with brown sugar and cinnamon...While Herb and I dined on taco soup, the smell of cinnamon rolls filled the house...We limited ourselves to one roll each for dessert and the rest were given away, with a few frozen for another day.

The smell must have traveled far and wide because Pam decided it was a good day to play cards...She wasn't very happy with me, when I beat here 4 out of 4 games, but went home sort of happy, clutching cinnamon rolls for her breakfast...I'm sure another day, she will be the big winner of our continuing card games...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Ready to eat.

Sampled...😀

No comments:

Post a Comment