Sunday, February 17, 2019

Winter...24ª

On our trip to La Grande on Friday, we had slushy roads through the canyon, (unusual that they hadn't been plowed)...We followed our friend Tim through the canyon, with his log truck, he made the tracks wider and it helped our visibility, as we could see the top of his load through the blowing snow...Roads were bare from Elgin into La Grande.

We shopped for a new microwave, couldn't make a decision, so we went to Bi Mart, bought a new vacuum (replaces one we bought at a yard sale 3 years ago, and then to lunch, and Walmart before my appointment...I was seen by the PA (I'm now on a low dose antibiotic for 2 months then will see the actual urologist and proceed from there)...Pam drove home on bare, wet roads, but it had snowed 3 to 4 inches in Joseph, so Herb and I shoveled before unloading the car.

Yesterday we got more snow and instead of baking, I made a childhood favorite, mac and cheese...When our kids were little, the fluorescent mac and cheese in a box hit the grocery store shelves...As most young mothers then, I succumbed to the mixes in a box as an easy way to put dinner on the table...They also provided an easy meal, when we left the kids in the care of a babysitter, they didn't mind at all when we went out the door because they knew that dinner would be, Mac and cheese and wieners...One of my many shortcomings when it came to parenting!

Yesterday Herb and I had Mac and cheese, green salad and (I hate to say it) no not wieners, but fish sticks!..We do get hungry for any kind of fish or sea food but it is almost impossible to buy good fish in this part of the country...On a snowy winter day it tasted delicious...Herb is now out plowing so I better get outside and start shoveling...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment