Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Keeping Busy, in a crazy world...27º

Finding things to keep us busy, that we like to do, gets difficult after awhile...There are always mundane jobs around the house, sorting, cleaning etc, but not much fun...Since our neighbors volunteered to do our grocery shopping and garbage hauling, and our friend Debbie delivered eggs to our doorstep, we have resorted to taking more walks...That of course is good for us and since the snow has melted off again we are able to work on the stack of wood in the back pasture...We stretch one load out for 3 days, 1 to load, 1 to unload and 1 to stack in the cellar...I help some but Herb actually does most of the work.

Pickup loaded

Ready to head for the house

Looking for ways to keep me busy and after reading that maybe it is a good idea for the general public to wear masks, just a basic cotton mask, gave me an idea...WE put our neighbor in Jeopardy, shopping for our groceries so I went to my fabric stash, then looked in the sewing box for elastic...Talk about hoarding, I found elastic that i've had for possibly 30 years (and it still has stretch) and it is the perfect size, I  probably got it at a yard sale...It was a steal.

                                     
How long has it been since you've
seen a Sprouse Ritz store? The 
yard sale price, 25 cents.

In the fabric stash (hoard) I found
the perfect golfing fabric...He
said, no one laughed at
him in Safeway.

Monday is the day Bill leaves our groceries on the front porch...We have a card table set up and the sanitizing bleach solutions ready...I spray everything bags and groceries with the mild solution, let it dry, then bring the groceries into the house, where apples, oranges, and potatoes are washed in a warm soapy water, then rinsed and put to dry before going to the downstairs fridge for storage...I'm a bit more gentle with the grapes and onions just get sprayed, no washing for them...I'm not sure this is all necessary or right but it gives me something to do!..That done I take a walk and get home in time to start thinking about, what will we have for dinner?..Hugs To all...OWAV:)

After spraying with bleach, they
are air dried outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment