Sunday, April 19, 2020

Wallowa County Nurserys'...33º

I made a solo trip to the nurseries yesterday, I have usually gone with either Pat or Pam, for many years...It was different but enjoyable...I went early in the day and actually this is quite early in the season, but I want to get onions, broccoli and cabbage in the ground early this year and see if they are ready any earlier than if I wait until mid May to plant...I was the only early shopper and was back home in less than two hours, which is a first, and didn't do much impulse buying...I bought "Million Bells" for planters and put them in a South upstairs window, to fill out, until about mid May...Then they will go outside, next to the house to "harden off," until June 1st...I picked out geraniums for the front porch, and will pick them up at a later date...I try something different every year and last year the deer seemed to eat everything I planted!

I bought pansies to go in a small wooden planter that sits by our back door, their happy faces always bring a smile to my face and welcome visitors to our house...I hope that soon we can have visitors again!

While I was gone, Herb loaded the last of the fire wood and we are now ready for next winters supply...To me it is like money in the back to have that neatly stacked in the back lot...He also loaded a trailer full of chips for me to mulch flowerbeds with...I can take my time doing this job.

Pam came to dig Starry Twinkles and Windflowers, they are still blooming, but if we don't get them now, they soon are hidden by other flowers and disappear from site...Keeping our social distance, we enjoyed a glass of wine on the deck, a bit chilly, but nice...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Pansies



No comments:

Post a Comment