Thursday, April 9, 2020

Stellar Day...35º

Yesterday was one of the days that we live for, here in Wallowa County...We awoke to the full moon descending, West, behind Chief Joseph Mountain and the sun soon to rise in the East...The temperature rose quickly and stayed in the 50's/60's all day...Herb finished clearing the old leaves out of the irrigation ditch and hauled them across the road to use for mulch around the fruit trees...I spent about 5 hours in the vegetable garden moving fence panels off of the raised beds and securing them to the outside fence...I added more straw to the garden paths so we aren't walking in mud...Years ago I just had to have a black current bush and now it has gotten so overgrown, that I just want to get rid of it!...Much of my time was spent, cutting back the currant bush and puttering here and there...It was so nice to be out in shirt sleeves soaking up the vitamin D!

My friend Mary sent me a link to a post with different views on "washing or not washing fruit and veggies."...I read it and agree with some, disagree with other things...I haven't always washed all of that stuff but for the last few years I have usually washed or rinsed what I buy from Safeway, mostly because you don't know how many times it has been handled before it is put on the self OR how many people have touched it, breathed on it or sneezed on it while on the shelf!...I could really get on my soapbox about this and if you should or should not wash a chicken/turkey before you cook it, but I will save that for another day!..

I am including the link to this site for you to read and make your own decisions, Wash or Don't Wash, what ever you want to do... Hugs to All...OWAV:)

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/04/9650670/should-i-clean-groceries-wash-vegetables-fruit



No comments:

Post a Comment