Saturday, April 6, 2024

Looks like a dreary day...31º snowing lightly

 It is hard to beat the feeling of a snow covered world, quiet, still, bright, luminous, surreal...That is what I woke up to yesterday...As the day warmed up, Rusty and I shoveled snow (knowing that if we left it, it would melt) but the urge to shovel is there...It is a satisfying feeling for me!..I like the deck cleared off, the paths shoveled, then watching the snow as it melts down to about half of what is started out...It was a good day.

This morning, looking out at a bleak landscape of half melted snow, thinking about the daffodils, tucked underneath, waiting for their chance to bloom...I'm hoping for the sun to break through, melt the remaining snow, where the grass will be even greener than before and spring will return...It will, I have to have patience.

On with my day, an afternoon of fun awaits...Pam and I will meet friends at the Elgin Opera House for the matinee performance of "Big Fish," a new musical, that is, from what I read, a fantasy about their lives and father/son relationship...I go for the music and dancing...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Shoveled front walk

The deck, snow piled 
around the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment